1. A winner doesn’t make excuses. Its easy to find reasons to miss practices and workouts. Winners find reasons to attend them even when conditions are not ideal.
2. A winner maintains a White Belt Mentality. Winners know that they can learn something from everyone. They aren’t too proud to learn from people who are not “on their level.”
3. A winner knows her values and prioritizes them. If gymnastics and academics is more important than social life, a winner will get their work done first then play.
4. A winner wins every day. Anyone can be a winner sometimes. A real winner understands that consistency is the key. “Winning is not a sometime thing. It’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while; you don’t do things right once in a while. You do them right all the time. Winning is a habit.” – Vince Lombardi
5. Winners build other people up and help them succeed. They realize that someone else’s success doesn’t make them less likely to succeed themselves. They help build people up mentally, physically and spiritually.
6. Winners know themselves and are honest with themselves. They know when they need to train harder and when they need to recover. They don’t use the term overtraining as a cop out. They recover when they NEED to not when they FEEL like it.
7. Winners believe that everything is possible. They don’t place limits on themselves. They know, understand and believe inspirational quotes.
8. Winners have a purpose. They don’t go through the motions. They know what they are trying to accomplish each day and each workout. They are specific.
9. Winners take chances and are not afraid to lose. They go after challenges and are not afraid to put it on the line. Winners lose more than losers lose because they compete and challenge themselves more frequently, whether in practice or matches.
10. Winners don’t waste time. They understand that some people and some things will only slow them down. Winners eliminate distractions so that they can focus on their priorities.
MINDSET COACHING: Win in Gymnastics & Life
GYMNAST MINDSET is not ordinary mental training. We are a gymnastics specific, systematic program designed to help serious gymnasts succeed in & out of the gym.