The Gymnast Mindset program has been adapted from the hugely successful Wrestling Mindset program that is being used by Olympic athletes & other top competitors across the country. The core strategies of the program, as well as the importance of mindset training, have been tested & proven; however, what sets these programs apart is the customization to the sport.
The Gymnast Mindset program has been created by gymnasts for gymnasts. Every Gymnast Mindset coach has been a high level gymnast who understands the unique struggles of gymnastics. They know what the nerves feel like before mounting the beam… They know what it feels like to get back up after a fall… They know what it feels like to have to sit on the sidelines with an injury…
This program is not therapy, lecturing, or counseling. It is a systematic program – strength training for the mind. Gymnast Mindset offers a proven system of hands-on worksheets and interactive mindset calls to help each gymnast navigate through their particular strengths and struggles.
1 on 1 Mindset Training
When a new gymnast joins the program, they work with their Mindset Coach to fill out a mindset checklist. This checklist allows us to evaluate your individual strengths & weaknesses so that we can personalize the program to you.
The gymnast then works with their mindset coach to address the following areas through very practical & very down to earth exercises.
Customized Mindset Training
We have a variety of team packages available that are customizable for your team’s particular needs & goals.
Reach out today to discuss what may work best for your team.
What do we cover during Gymnast Mindset sessions?
- Gauging strengths & weaknesses
- Establishing mindset routines for before & during competitions
- Tapping into intrinsic motivation & excitement for the sport
- Improving parent/athlete & coach/athlete relationships
- Sleeping like a baby before competitions
- Recovering from injuries
- Understanding the predator vs prey mindset
- Staying in the present moment with clear focus
- Creating goals & establishing accountability
- Improving mental toughness
- Overcoming fear & channeling nerves
- Preventing self-sabotage
- Relaxing under pressure
- Increasing self-confidence
- And more…